英语学习笔记note9

The Parent Trap

“芝士派”无字幕电影20181204-20181221学习笔记

slip one’s mind

忘记

Things like homework always slip my mind.

out of one’s league

不是一路人

She is the princess who is out of my league.

deal me in

算我一个

Deal me in, I want to play too.

excuse you

有责备人的意思,对方做错了事而没有表示歉意的意思,有人做出没礼貌的事但没有表示,可以用来责怪对方失礼,例如有人插队,只要说一句excuse you 对方就知道你在不悦了

Excuse me for not completing the job, but excuse you for not even trying.

mind boggling

惊人的

boggle 吃惊,震惊

指某一件事或某样东西在智力或情感方面具有强大的力量而使人感到难以控制自己

There were rockets, space suits, even parts from a satellite - so many mind-boggling things to see.

freak out

  1. 震惊
    Don’t freak out.
  2. 大发脾气

    If I don’t get enough sleep,I feel exhausted and freak out a little.

pull it out

成功

It will be a very, very fine piece of mountaineering if they pull it out.

last call

机场对旅客最后一次登机通知

That’ll be all

就这样吧,这样就有可以了,到此为止吧

That’ll be all for now, you may go.

glib-tongued

油嘴滑舌的,能说会到的

You should keep away from gilb-tongued men.

be keen on sth

喜欢做某事,热衷于做某事

She is rather keen on classic music.

talk out of

劝阻,说股某人不做某事

My mother tried to talk me out of getting a divorce.

don’t you dare

竟敢,休想

Don’t you dare talk back to me.

fet sb eating out of palm if one’s hand

把某人玩弄于鼓掌之间,把某人迷得神魂颠倒

The man has got the lady eating out of palm of his hand.

make a fool out of sb

愚弄某人,使某人出丑

How dare you make a fool out of me?

we are all each other has

我们只有彼此,相依为命

can’t say I balme you

我也不怪你

I don’t balme you 的口语话表达

Can’t say I blame you. It’s a mistake that many students would make in the begining.

get out of here/it

别胡扯了

wait on sb hand and foot

让…翻来张口,衣来伸手

I want to marry a man who will wait on me hand and foot.

buy

相信(尤指不打可能的事)
You could say you were ill but I don’t think they’d buy it.

in over one’s head

卷入棘手的事

After a week in the new job, I soon realize that I am in over my head.

be in way over your head

不自量力

Sometimes it’s nice to be in over your head.

what has gotten into sb

某人怎么了

What’s gotten into you? You don’t eat anymore!

for he world

用在否定句,场用来表示无论如何都

I wouldn’t lose this competition for the world.

in the world

加强语气,究竟

Where in the world could you find this?

let alone

更不用说

I can barely sign my name , let alone aim a bow and row.

break the rotten streak

打破偏见

rotten腐烂的;streat条纹,倾向

Share