Confessions of a Shopaholic
We are not going to return the money as a favor to you. 我们不会为了帮你的忙就把钱还给你
As a favor to general, I agreed on a chat. 将军然我帮个忙，我才过来跟你聊聊。
do me a favor 帮我个忙
I owe you a fovor. 我欠你个人情
Pull it together! She’ll probably get you fired.
hang in there 口语中表示坚持下去别泄气
He won this speech competition because what he said was all reak talk.
Get out and bus the table now!
I have had enough of her gossips.
Here’s the thing.If all you do is sit back and moan about your finances, things may never change.
not good at sth
Wanna go check out tonight’s movies? It’s the newly released Transformers.
I want to make my name in the world when I was young.在我小的时候，我就想名扬天下。
- A bad workman always blames his tools. 拙匠总怪工具差。
- A contented mind is a perpetual feast. 知足长乐。
- A good beginning is half the battle. 好的开端等于成功一半。
- A little pot is soon hot. 壶小易热，量小易怒。
- All lay loads on a willing horse. 好马重负。
- A merry heart goes all the way. 心情愉快，万事顺利。
- Bad excuses are worse than none. 狡辩比不辩护还糟。
- Character is the first and last word in the success circle.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness. 整洁近于美德。
- Courtesy costs nothing. 彬彬有礼，惠而不费。
- Doing nothing is doing ill. 无所事事，必干坏事。
- Early to bed, early to rise, make a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- Empty vessels make the most noise. 满瓶子不响，半瓶子晃荡。
- Every man hath his weak side. 人皆有弱点。
- Everything ought to be beautiful in a human being: face, dress, soul
- Extremes are dangerous. 凡事走向极端是危险的。
- Good advice is harsh to the ear. 忠言逆耳。
- Grasp all, lose all. 欲尽得，必尽失。
- Great hopes make great men. 伟大的理想造就伟大的人物。
- Handsome is he who does handsomely. 行为美者才真美。
- Have but few friends, though many acquaintances. 结交可广，知己宜
- Hear all parties.兼听则明，偏听则暗。
- He is a wise man who speaks little. 智者寡言。
- He is not laughed at that laughs at himself first.
- He is rich enough that wants nothing.
- He is truly happy who makes others happy.
- Honesty is the best policy. 诚实乃上策。
- Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.?? 抱最好的希望，作最坏
- Idleness is the root of all evil. 懒惰是万恶之源。
- If we dream, everything is possible. 敢于梦想，一切都将成为可能。
- Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words
are flowers and kind deeds are the fruits.
- Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep lone.
- Life is measured by thought and action not by time.
- Life is not all beer and skittles. 人生并非尽是乐事。
- Long absent, soon forgotten. 别久情疏。
- Look before you leap. 三思而后行。
- Lookers-on see most of the game. 旁观者清，当局者迷。
- Manners make the man.观其待人而知其人。
- Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. 患难识知交。
- No cross, no crown.没有苦难，就没有快乐。
- Nobody’s enemy but his own. 自寻苦恼。
- One man’s fault is another man’s lesson. 前车之覆，后车之鉴。
- Pardon all men, but never thyself. 严以律已，宽以待人。
- Reason is the guide and light of life. 理智是人生的灯塔。
- Sadness and gladness succeed one another. 乐极生悲，苦尽甘来。
- Still waters run deep.流静水深，人静心深。
- The fire is the test of gold; adversity of strong men. 烈火炼真金，逆
- The fox may grow grey, but never good. 江山易改，本性难移。
- The more a man learns, the more he sees his ignorance. 知识越广博，
- Virtue is a jewel of great price. 美德是无价之宝。
- Weak things united become strong. 一根筷子易折断，十根筷子硬如
- We can’t judge a person by what he says but by what he does. 判断一
- Where there is a will there is a way. 有志者，事竟成。
- Will is power. 意志就是力量。
- Wise men are silent; fools talk. 智者沉默寡言，愚者滔滔不绝。
- Wise men learn by others’ harm, fools by their own.